The Amur Region is a constituent entity of the Russian Federation and is part of the Far Eastern Federal District.
Administrative center: the city of Blagoveshchensk, founded in 1856.
The region was formed: October 20, 1932 as part of the Far Eastern (since 1938 – Khabarovsk) edge. Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of August 2, 1948 was singled out as an independent region.
The area of the territory is 361,908 km ².
Population: 801 752 people. (2017). Density of population: 2.22 people / km² (2017), the proportion of urban population: 67.29 % (2017).
Borders with the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) in the north, with the Khabarovsk Territory in the east, with the Jewish Autonomous Region in the southeast, and with the Trans-Baikal Territory in the west.
The south-eastern border of the Amur Region is also the state border of the Russian Federation and borders with the People’s Republic of China.
Beauty of nature
The Amur region is a place where the pristine beauty of nature. There are a lot of volcanoes here. Here live the last Amur leopards on the planet, but thanks to the state program for their protection the population is gradually recovering. This is one of the largest regions in Russia. The Amur region will not leave you without delightful impressions.
Blagoveshchensk is a city in Russia. The administrative center of the Amur Region and the Blagoveschensky District, forms the “City District of Blagoveshchensk”. The population is 224,419 (2017), the fifth-largest city of the Far East.
Located on the left bank of the Amur River and on the right bank of Zeya (at the mouth); The only administrative center of the Russian region on the state border, the Chinese city of Heihe stands on the right bank of the Amur, a distance of 526 meters.
Blagoveshchensk is the final railway station on the line that extends from Belogorsk station on the Trans-Siberian Railway. Ignatievo International Airport. Scientific and educational center.
It was founded in 1856 as the Ust-Zey military post; since 1858 – the city of Blagoveshchensk (from the Church of the Annunciation). Fragments of wooden architecture have survived since the end of the XIX century.